Welcome to the NFTA
The Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority is a diversified and synergistic organization, energized by 1,500 dedicated men and women, serving Buffalo Niagara through cost-effective, quality transportation services every day.
Please upload your resume and schedule a video introduction today.
- Operators – This position involves all manner of activities relative to the operation of buses in order to provide regular scheduled service in city and suburban areas, as well as charter service upon request.
- Mechanics – This position involves all manner of inspection, preparation and completion of any type of work normally done in the department at any location of company property.
- Helpers – This position involves the general cleaning and preparation of vehicles for service, facility and grounds upkeep and cleanliness.
- Body Shop – Discovering an diagnosing defective or unserviceable conditions of heavy vehicle body frames, parts and running gear. Repairing general body work.
- Machine Shop – Analyzing defective, unserviceable or deteriorating conditions of units, parts and appurtenances, to determine the extent of needed adjustment, repairs and replacements.
- Communications and Fare Collections – This position consists of reading and interpreting instruction sheets, blueprints and wiring diagrams; analyzing defects in fare collection equipment, parts and mechanisms; setting up equipment for conducting tests; making repairs, replacements and adjustments.
- Electricians – Journeyman electrician with four years’ work experience in high-voltage alternation and direct current power conversion and distribution systems, including two years in overhead line work.
- Train, Signal & Switches – Must fully understand the basic principles, methods or procedures applicable to the maintenance and repair of: Phase Selective track circuits, Digital Transmission Systems, Real Time Computer Control and Monitoring Systems, Switch Machines, Way Side Signal Systems, Audio Track Circuit Systems, Carborne Control Systems, and Vehicle to Wayside Transmission Systems.